S. boulardii production
Expert in yeast production since 1923
Pioneer in the probiotic industry, expert in yeast development and production for almost 100 years, Lallemand offers the well-known and unique probiotic yeast Saccharomyces boulardii reaching the highest quality standards. Find out the manufacturing process of S. boulardii by Lallemand:
Lallemand Saccharomyces boulardii strain, a Saccharomyces cerevisiae species variant, has been registered as Saccharomyces boulardii CNCM I-1079 at the Collection Nationale de Cultures de Microorganismes. Managing each step of the yeast manufacturing process, Lallemand ensures the production of an optimized and high quality yeast:
- Entire genome is sequenced and annotated
- Proteomic profile is checked
- DNA fingerprinting analysis is performed before the release of all batches
Probiotic viability assurance
[Tompkins, 2011] – Survival through the gut
Lallemand demonstrated the survival of its strain S. boulardii CNCMI I-1079 through the upper gastrointestinal tract thanks to an in vitro Digestive System (IViDiS) model reproducing environmental conditions of human upper intestinal tract.
- S. boulardii survives in the upper gastrointestinal tract.
- S. boulardii can be consumed at anytime.
- “The yeast survival was independent of the meal or beverage consumed” – Dr. Thomas Tompkins.